[Video + Interview] Penelope Robin, 10yr old sensation releases new trap/pop anthem "LIT"



An artist this unique comes along only once every lifetime! Penelope Robin is the 10 year old singing and rapping sensation behind the new video “Lit”. This song is so exciting! 


Penelope Robin makes magic as she merges genres like pop and trap over high powered production from her father/producer, C-Rod. Half pop anthem, half hiphop song, and all Penelope Robin! Listen as “the queen of dabbin” switches up her flow from rapping to angelic singing giving her perspective from a young lady's point of view. 



People are surprised at how talented, hardworking, and dedicated Penelope is at such a young age. She says, “I do most of my curriculum in the morning and then spend the rest of the day working on music, dancing or auditioning for things.” She is becoming a shining star for creative kids everywhere! “Lit” serves as a standout track from her upcoming album. Follow Penelope Robin's movement & watch “Lit” today on Youtube.



10 Questions w/ Penelope Robin-

1. What presents did you get for Christmas?!!
Hi! :) thank you for taking the time to chat with me! Well...Santa brought me tons of cool stuff like shoes and shiny clothes...I love anything with sparkle! Lol one of my fav gifts is a notebook with alpacas on the cover...I love notebooks cause I use them for lyrics and alpacas cause they’re uber cool 

2. How do you balance your acting, dance, music with school life?
I’m actually home schooled so it definitely makes it easier. I do most of my curriculum in the morning and then spend the rest of the day working on music, dancing or auditioning for things. 

3. Are people normally surprised that you are so talented at such a young age? What do they say?
Haha thank you! I think they are...they think it’s crazy that I love to perform in front of people  I’m always ready to sing anytime someone asks and I guess they think that’s cool. 

4. How would you describe your sound or genre?
Definitely pop with a little hip hop twist...I really love Bruno Mars, Charlie Puth, Katy Perry, Michael Jackson, Frank Sinatra...so I guess I would love it if my music could be a mash up of all their sounds. 

5. What's the concept behind "Lit"? How did you come up with the idea?
Well how we came up with Lit is funny...I was in the studio recording a bunch of songs for a show I was doing in Buga, Colombia opening up for Karol G (which was an amazing experience by the way )...and we started having fun with all the words we use now like “Fire,” “Salty,” “Cringe,” “Fuego,” and of course “lit” which to us means cool...and we decided to grab all those words and all the stuff that’s trendy like the Paul Brothers and slime, squishies, etc and make a funny song about all of it :) 

6. Who produced the beat?
Actually my AWESOME dad C-Rod...he’s an amazing producer...I have to do chores around the house in exchange for beats...lol  It’s really great to be able to work with him cause we are one of those crazy families so it’s a lot of fun and insanity all at once.

7. What was your writing and recording process like for "Lit"? 
(See answer 5)

8. What was your fav part of "Lit" video shoot and why?
My favorite part was where I was being a rebellious student with Cristina Bruan, who played my teacher...she’s hilarious and we had a blast on the set dancing and being cringy....

9. Is "Lit" from an upcoming album that you're working on? 
Yes...I will be releasing singles along the way but the full album should be done by April and released in May...I’m still working on the album title so suggestions are welcome 

10. What can we expect from Penelope Robin in 2018?
Lots of music videos and fun stuff! I will be performing a lot more this year and possibly going back to Colombia for some more dates...lost of exciting things coming! 

Thank you so much and hope everyone has an amazing 2018!!





Instagram @thepennyrobin






1 comment