Top 5: Hiphop Battles




To kickoff USA Blog Network's weekly "Top 5" column we will begin with Top 5 Hiphop Battles list. So I know this list is gonna be hellar controversial, but we are open to a friendly dialogue. The below hiphop beefs are based on a few different factors such as: the disrespect level, how vicious they were, how it changed hiphop culture, comedic factor, and creativity. There were soooo many dope beefs that have taken place, but if I only had to choose 5 this is my list.




2Pac Destroys B.I.G

This was the 1st time I heard anybody say "Thats why I fucked your bitch" on a record!! lol hilarious! There ain't no coming back from that. Then he goes on to say, "1st off fucked yo, bitch and the clique you claim". Oh so disrespectful. Hands down best battle song I've ever heard. Yea that's right B.I.G, don't respond to that lol.




2. Jay-Z kills Nas and Prodigy


Here is where I'm gonna lose half of yall, but when I heard "The Takeover" its was more than a battle. It was 1 of the biggest moments in hiphop. My homie, Prodigy never recovered from it. "When I was pushing weight back in 88, you was a ballerina, I got ya pictures I seen ya". It was too funny!!!

"The Takeover" has all ingredients of a classic song while exposing the fuck out of 2 of the dopest mcs ever. I know some people say Nas won with his "Ether" and I agree it was a valiant effort, but on Jay-Z pre-emptive strike he systematically took Nas apart with his wity charm and humor. "4 albums in 10 years, nicca I can divide, that's 1 every.. lets say 2, 2 of them shits was due, 1 was ehhhh, the other was Illmatic, that's a 1 hot album in every 10 year average".

P.S. "Ether" should be #3 on this list, I just dont feel like writing about it right now lol.



3. Dre and Snoop clown Easy E


Back in the day, this was the funniest shit I had ever seen!!! Dre got Ezel from the movie, Friday, to impersonate Easy E. Snoop said Easy E's mom was a Frisco dike and that the rhymes he was kick were quite "bootylicious". This was a very significant battle while Dr. Dre and Deathrow took over and began to create that westcoast sound of the 90's.

P.S. Eazy E's "Real muthafuckin G's" is pretty good too. Dude on the last verse went ham on Dre. Check that here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuapp9SORA




4. Canibus ate LL Cool J

This was back in the era of lyrics. Canibus used lyricism to shock the world. Everytime I hear Mike Tyson say "Bust that niccas hole" I gotta chuckle. I used to rewind that intro over and over laughing. Its sad that this diss song was Canibus' 1st and last hit. Here's where he really ate LL:


"Now watch me rip the tat from your arm,
Kick you in the groin, 
stick you for your vanguard award,
In front of your mom your 1st, 
2nd and 3rd born,
Make your wife get on the horn call minister Farrakhan"




5. Kool Moe Dee Old School Diss

Half yall aint gone know who Kool Moe Dee is, this was the 1st battle song I ever heard. To me he will forever be the cat who knocked LL off that 1st pedistal. Anytime you can diss somebody with the letters of their name.. Beef over lol 


Nicca said "Tryna be me, now LL stands for Lower Level, Lack Luster
Last Least, Limp Lover
Lousy Lame, Latent Lethargic

Lazy Lemon, Little Logic

Lucky Leech, Liver Lipped

Laborious Louse on a Loser's Lips
Live in Limbo, Lyrical Lapse
Low Life with the loud raps, boy".




Here are a few others I didnt mention...

No comments

Post a Comment